Saturday, November 15, 2008





My Father won free tickets from KQ92 to see Australian Pink Floyd so Sean and I went to it. We only stayed until Intermission because I am not particularly in love with pink floyd and everyone there really reminded me of my parents. Needless to say, It was free and...






We saw this in the skyway thing to our parking ramp! Weird kinda. I was honestly considering eating some of them.













Today though, we had more serious issues at hand. Shahin and I went to St. Paul to protest Proposition 8 which outlawed civil unions in 4 states which previously recognized them.

I am pretty peeved by this seemingly obvious violation of civil rights. It's almost too annoying to acknowledge, but there's America for you. Anyways this protest was organized by a member of the LGBT organization at my school. We met some nice folks and it was cold but definitely worth attending.
Some people had some fantastic signs and things to say.





I took this picture, I like it :)














We gathered at the capitol.













Shahin's sign was brilliant.














Mine was a little lame, admitedly, but I was very tired last night















A group of people from Hamline we asked to take a picture with us.


















I was so fucking cold!





































Then to warm ourselves, we went to Panera which I had previously disowned because of a terrible past experience, but I gave it another try and it was so good. I had broccoli and cheddar soup and bread. The bread reminded me of France, but it could never be AS good as real parisian bread. Still though, a nice second.
Anyways, now I'm wanting more Panera.
It was a great day. We really need to delegalize all marriage though. Fucking religion needs to get out of the law book. It's almost archaic at this point.

Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am glad you guys got out to protest. you have some good photos