Sunday, December 7, 2008

Recent Events

Well, I've declared a major!Eek! Not formally but I'm signed up for classes in the major of social sciences and minor in education. Its a really big major/minor combo and my concentration will be psychology. I feel like such an a-hole adult now. I haven't decided what age group to teach yet.

So "thanksgiving" with the fam is always a vast spectrum of emotions. I am equally happy/disgusted/loving/annoyed with my beer drinking, football watching, 6 taco's at a time eating relatives. Mostly, my cousins keep me intellectually at bay, my aunts and uncles are the worst though. (Some of my favorite quotes include "God put animals on this earth for us to eat" and "are you sure you put butter on these VEGGIES, I can't hardly taste it!")

But I did find something semi-cool out. My dad (who never votes, out of laziness not on principle) actually voted this year... Democratic? Weird. He always talked like George Bush when we'd get in "political debates." (I use that term loosely because really, to sum it up the situation would go like this, he'd be belligerent say something about immigrants, I'd call him an ass hole, we'd scream about it a few minutes, my mom would leave the room and In the end I'd be so pissed I'd leave)

Then it was my birtha on Friday which was indescribable really. Shahin got me very neat and beautiful gifts that made me cry. Then I had to go to the doctor because my spleen is enlarged. (!) Then My mom and I went shopping all fricken day which was so tiring, she got me a blender and margherita mix (I can't spell it right) some clothes and groceries. Then people came over and I spilled two batches of margheritas on the floor (stupid directions, you HAVE to read them!) It was snowing out really bad and so a lot of people couldn't come, but it was good nonetheless.

In the end I fell asleep really early due to fatigue mono and three margheritas give you.


Oh, and Leatherheads is a great movie!
pictures later.

No comments: