Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ode to the obnoxious

What I learned this day:


Iran is the only country where it is legal to sell your organs.



In China, the majority of donated organs and tissues come from prisons, where the execution rate is extremely high.



In the United States, a kidney transplant generally costs about 100,000 dollars, but in countries such as Pakistan, poor farmers have sold their kidneys for what equates to between $900-and $1200 U.S. dollars.


Anyways, today was extremely uneventful, but last night was interesting. We went to zombie, then the skatepark where I filmed the bink doing some neat tricks. Then we came home and got ready. We went to Shahin's sister Nilofar's house to see Andie Undie in his cute chubby dino outfit and we went to some party at her neighbors for a little bit. I made friends with the babies as usual and then we were off to quite a beligerant costume party. We clearly arrived too late to have any legitimate conversation. The night consisted of a drunk girl named Alex repeatedly telling me she loved me because like, "WE HAVE THE SAME FUCKING NAME!!",(!) and random people dancing, vomiting and even crying. hmph. Whatever. Shahin and I were in our normal clothes, but people thought we were in costume. People thought Shahin was a "hobo hippie" "a homeless person" and my personal favorite from a drunken 40 year old mom dressed as snow white as "troll."I did put on bunny ears towards the end of the night.
We ordered Chinese food for dinner and watched Vacancy, which was actually scary for me at least.

That's about it.

No comments: